iOS13 Beta 3 cannot backup local or iCloud

With all the iOS13 Beta 3 issues that didn't exist in Beta 2 I decided to go back to Beta 2. Connected to my computer to back up with iTunes and I get the error "iTunes could not back up the iPhone because an error occurred while reading from or writing to the iPhone". Same error if I try to iCloud. Then on the phone 10XS Max if I try a manual backup I get "The last backup could not be completed."

Replies

I have the same issue with my iPhone X it seems there is an issue passing the information, apple in their release notes say that while backing up in icloud the data from 'Notes' may cos issues to the backup or something of that shorts, in any case most of the times their notes do not collide with what i experience in the phone, future or past. so the issue is with the Notes?, not sure if thats indeed the case and disabling Note Backup will fix the issue, ill copy all my notes and try it.

I totally disabled Notes. Moved to Iphone, removed from iCloud and it didn't make a difference. Meanwhile, backups on iPadOS13 work just fine. I did fi'll feedback but never heard back.

I'm also having this problem. I've removed notes and reminders from my iPhone, rebooting between each, and deleting the installed applications for notes and for reminders. I aslo disabled the phone from syncing Google Notes.

The usage pattern goes like this:

1. View message "this phone hasn't been backed up in 3 weeks (last backup, 7/8 which I believe was beta 2 but could have been 3).

2. Initiate manual backup

3. Progress bar begins to move and backup appears started.

4. Backup estimates completion in 1 minute.

5. Backup slowly increases backup estimate to 4 and ulitmately 8 minutes estimated until completion.

6. Backup stops, backup page sitll reports "The last backup could not be completed. Last successful backup 7/8/2019 4:31 AM"

The behavior is consistent across 7 individual attempts after removing notes, reboot, remove notes app, reboot, remove reminders, reboot, remove reminders app, reboot. One more test is to disable iCloud backup, reboot, re-enable iCloud backup, reboot, test. I will report back in roughly 8 minutes.

With Beta 5, backups work again.