Wireless charging broken in iOS 13 Beta 3

In iOS 13 Beta 1 and 2 wireless charging worked fine but it is broken in Beta 3:

I'm using a (certified) Belkin Boost-Up Model F8J235 (for iPhone and Apple Watch).

The watch charges fine even with WatchOS 6 Beta 3 but my iPhone XS Max does not.

When I put the phone on the Belkin it looks like it starts to charge (flash symbol appears in battery icon on the iPhone) but like 10-20 seconds later the iPhone screen lights up and the flash symbol is gone. The Beloin LED changes from white to orange and no more charging does occur.

Charging with cable works.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is Apple not doing regression tests from one beta to the other? I don't like to see working things broken in a later beta (which should evolve into a more stable and not instable state.)

Replies

What is the level of the device when you're trying to charge it? Do you have the new Battery Health "Optimized Battery Charging" enabled? The feature will NOT charge your phone all the way every day to extend the life of your battery. This gets into the battery chemistry itself. My iPhone XS IS working on wireless charger with Beta 3 that I installed from 12.3.x.

Various but all between 10% and 30% capacity. Charging with cable always works.

Meanwhile other users report similar charging issues:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/363468?sr=search&searchId=a006b0ad-5d9d-4139-b5a2-18b249291077&searchIndex=1#363468

Just got a brand new iPhone XR 64 GB and put iOS 13 b3 directly on it. (Previous one was stolen on Friday - iOS 13 b3 worked fine). Wireless charging is not working as expected, charge for one hour and just stop. Cable charging is working great. Tested with new feature Optimised battery charging on and off.

I'm running B3 on my XS Max and 7 Plus - wireless charging does not work on either devices. Tested with optimized charging on/off with same result. Charge cable does work normally.

I am not seeing this issue whatsoever on a iPhone Xs. In face I rarely ever plug it in to charge.

Having the same issue with Optimized Charging on and off as well. Seems to be a thing.

I noticed a problem as well using a charging stand I got from Amazon. It is supposedly a "Fast Charger" so I've had it connected it to an iPad A/C adapter.

Up until installing beta 3, it was charging fine but now it isn't. The phone will beep and the charging icon will show up but the phone won't charge.

I have another charging disk that I found will charge the phone with beta 3 but it's not a fast charger. I tested the other one but changed the A/C adapter to a standard iPhone brick and found that the phone will charge now.

I think it may have something to do with the higher output of the iPad adapter. It's not the charger either because I have an iPhone 8 running iOS 12.3 and it charges fine with either A/C adapter.

I've reported the issue to Apple.

I have noticed a problem with wireless charging as well - but I thought it was related to the new battery optimized charging. I get up at nearly exactly the same time each day, and even have an alarm on my phone for that. I noticed that the phone never charged more than 80% overnight. In the last two days (with the latest beta, I think 4) wireless charging does not seem to be working. Leaving the phone on a charger (I have tried with several) results in either no charging or VERY slow charging (like 1% after 30+ minutes). Charging via a cord works fine.

Perhaps unrelated, but maybe a sign of a battery problem with this beta, is taht my iPad now drains very fast when it is not being used. If I keep it "off' but not powered down for a few hours, I will come back to 40-50% battery drain. That never happened previously.

Update: I am getting wireless charging to work during the day, albeit a bit slow. But I am finding that it will not charge past 80% wirelessly overnight. I went to bed at 70%, and it stopped at 80% when I woke up 7 hours later. I am going to see if overnight wed charging goes past 80% tonight. I currently have optimized charging "off" but I have also toggled it several times. I'm guessing that there is a bug with optimized charging.

I am having the same issue on Developer build 4. It seems to be a sporadic issue. It will work for a while charging wirelessly and then stop. I'll put the phone on a cable and it will charge. Or I will reboot my phone and place it on the wireless charger and then it will start charging again.

The problem still seems to exist in Beta 5.