iOS 13 beta 3

After updating to iOS 13 beta 3, im unable to run the app that im developing at all. It crashes and wont open whatsoever. It was working perfectly in iOS 13 beta 2, but after updating to iOS 13 beta 3, i cant do anything. anyone else having this issue?

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

I figured out that it ended up being a MacOS Catalina Beta 3 issue. Problem was fixed for me once updating my mac 🙂

Replies

Having the same issue but extended to 80% of the applicaitons i use on a daily bases. Apps crash right when they launch ... the strange part is any that have notifications still pass thru without issues but you cannot launch self buillt apps and a majority of app store apps ... built in apps seem to run just fine ....

Several of the built-in apps are having problems, too. Reminders crashes on launch, Notes crashes sporadically. Files shows a lot of extra, empty folders in the iCloud that just weren't there in the previous beta (and I don't think are there at all), like "Automator 1", "Automator 2", ... "Automator 32". Many of the built-in widgets just don't display information (e.g., Reminders, Calendar, Shortcuts). I was not having any of these issues under beta 2.

I am hoping for a sooner beta 4 than the typical two week cycle, this beta is more of a mess than I would have expected at this stage.

I am sseeing tons of empty folders being created on my icloud drive as well dozens of, iMovie, TextEdit, and Videos folders on my end

Evite app does that

Similar thing happened to my iPhone XR, initially wouldn’t let me download from App Store, said I needed to verify my account and wouldn’t let me sign in, I erased and reloaded from a “new” backup, still won’t let me download any apps even the free ones and a lot of the standard Apple app, contacts, notes, watch apps etc wont download, they appear in the App Store and on the phone, (with the cloud download icon with the down pointing arrow), but I still can’t verify purchases to down load them?

Other than an ARKit session initialization bug, our iOS 13 Beta 3 apps are running fine from XCode. Are you crashing even in XCode with the phone plugged in? If so, are you getting no call stack?

I haven't tried pushing an iOS 13 buld to TestFlight though so I don't know if there would be a problem there. I can give it a whirl if needed, let me know.

yea it wont open with my. phone plugged into xcode, or even in the simulator. And i also know that it isnt the build of my app because it ran beautifully before upgrading ios 13 beta 3. I have a feeling that MacOS Catalina Beta. 3 could also have a bug that isnt allowing xcode to open the app in the simulator, because i wasnt experiencing issues with it until catalina beta 3

so i just have a concern to address with the ios 13 beta in general. so i was previously on the ios 13 beta and certain apps like the delta app weren’t even loading. i thought it was crazy because it never happened to me on ios 12 and didn’t know if it was just a bug or a problem with the app. so i wanted to know if anyone can maybe try downloading the delta app on either ios 13 public beta 2 or if you have the developer profile on ios 13 beta 3 and see if the delta app is able to load up before i install ios 13 again on my device because i’m currently on the ios 12.4 public beta.

it does appear that apple has re-released ios 13 developer beta 3, im updating to it right now. I will report back with whether or not im able to open my app after the update. UPDATE: my app still will not open, it just crashes on launch :(

i was able to open and use the Delta app with ios 13 developer beta 2, but i havent tried it with developer beta 3 yet. I am updating to the re-released beta 3 right now. I will try it once my phone finishes updating. UPDATE: the delta app works just fine for me in developer beta 3

Having the same issue as masc2279.

All my apps are crashing at launch, except for the stock apps (Safari, iTunes, etc.). Curiously though, the apps I develop are not crashing at all. I installed them previously with XCode and they still work fine.

New beta 3 lunch yestarday fix the dual sim problem?(2 nano sim)

I have mine in testflight, and it won’t open with the beta 3. And with the Xcode install, it won’t open it either. Really annoying, in all honesty

I somehow managed to fix the issue by logging out from the App Store in Settings, then deleting a random app, relogging in to the App Store, and redownloding the random app from the App Store.

Now all my apps stopped crashing.

Weird fix but it worked for me.

So I can confirm that it is the string of beta 3’s: iOS and iPadOS 13 beta 3, macOS Catalina beta 3, and Xcode 11 beta 3, that seem to be having issues. I updated another one of my phones to iOS 12.4 beta 6, and installed my app through TestFlight and it works beautifully, but when I try to run the app via Xcode with any of my devices, running iOS 12.4 or iOS 13, it just says “iPhone denied the launch request”. It’s making it really hard to develop my app right now, but I’m hoping Apple releases a fix soon