iPhone touchscreen appears to be much less responsive on beta 3

The phone seems to have many missed inputs when swiping quickly whereas it would normally be fine handling them. Occasionally a long swipe across the screen (ie in app switcher) doesn’t go the full duration of the swipe and instead only partially swipes it, but not enough to close the app altogether. In addition, sometimes swiping seems to try to click the item first instead of swiping across it. Was not present in beta 2, seems to occur on both iPhone X and iPad Air 2

Replies

Here are two videos indicating what I am attempting to describe. None of these things were issues on b2. This also occurs on b3 on the iPad, although I did not include that as I was using it to record.

https://vimeo.com/345922741

Downgrading to beta 2 seems to have fixed this unresponsiveness on the same iPhone. This issue seems to be affecting beta 3 exclusively

How were you able to downgrade to ios 13 beta 2? Im on beta 3 with the same issues. Screen/Phone seems slower. Apps open slower and crash which hasnt happened on my XR until beta 3. My experience with beta 3 thus far is poor. Beta 2 was my best interaction with the software. I have already sent feedback to apple on my end.

Thanks,

I noticed that in Beta 3, the lower-half of the screen reacts as it is less senstive. In App switcher when closing apps, try starting your upward swipe from the halfway point of your screen to the top. This seems to work the way you would expect it to when starting the swipe at the new location.

I was able to find the IPSW from [a certain removed website that always uploads the IPSW's each release] for beta 2 and install through finder/iTunes

I am also seeing responsiveness issues on my iPhone X with b3. Although I am also seeing random touchscreen inputs (phantom left and right swipes) over the last couple of day so I may just be having a hardware issue. 🙂

I’m led to believe it’s probably software, if you want to test it out go to *********142 or another website and download Beta 2’s IPSW and see if the issue persists... The most obvious symptom for this issue is zooming in or out on a picture, most of the time it seems very unresponsive / delayed.

Remember, you're working with an OS that is in strict debug mode, constantly logging various activities, phoning that data home, relying on non-optimized beta code, etc. etc. Thanks for helping test.

Hi I’ve noticed that swiping up to close apps can be quite sluggish :-( Barry :-)