iOS 13 modalPresentationStyle = UIModalPresentationFullScreen on MFMessageComposeViewController instance not working

modalPresentationStyle = UIModalPresentationFullScreen works on most other view controllers in iOS 13 but not MFMessageComposeViewController instance. As such, VC instance is presented in iOS 13 card style default [which I do not want].

MFMessageComposeViewController *messageController = [[MFMessageComposeViewController alloc] init];

messageController.messageComposeDelegate = self;

messageController.modalPresentationStyle = UIModalPresentationFullScreen;

[self presentViewController:messageController animated:YES completion:NULL];

Submitted Feedback Report: FB6142755

Replies

I'm experiencing the same thing - I have a viewcontroller that displays as expected using Xcode 10 and iOS 12, but with Xcode 11 Beta and ios 13 beta is showing the view controller in the card style.

'Initially I was not specificying the 'modalPresentationStyle', but I have tried setting it to 'UIModalPresentationFullScreen' without change

it's too late and possibly irrelevant, but looks like i have similar issue with ASCredentialProviderViewController
please take a look: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/131109

Maybe, you can use Navigation Controller, with it can choose viewController in full screen mode.

I try to do simple app which select fullscreen viewcontroller by gesture recognizer, and use this way.