Announce message with Siri not working

It seems this is a feature that has to be turned on but I cant find it anywhere.

Replies

The same was happening to me. It was working fine with Beta 5 but ANNOUNCE WITH SIRI disappeared from NOTOFICATIONS after I installed BETA 6. Just wondering if other people are having the same issue. You are the first person I found reporting this issue and I honestly thought there would be more people talking about it. Please let us know. Thanks.

Same here... with the installation of beta 6 the announce messages option vanished.

Yeap, also have AirPods new and in b6 and b7 there is no option "Announce Messages with Siri" 😟

I just updated to iOS 13 Public Beta 6 and Announce with Siri still missing. I hope it comes back soon. I loved this feature.

Apple removed this feature in Beta 6 also, they mentioned it will work only with 2nd Gen Airpods in this link

"Announce Messages with Siri

Siri can read incoming notifications from your messaging apps to your second‑generation AirPods when you can’t reach for your phone."

https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-13-preview/features/

Experiencing the same w latest iOS 13 Beta 17A5572a (released today) and a pair of Gen 2 Airpods... Bummer - did see it in the first couple of iOS 13 betas... WTH..??

Same here.

I have 2nd gen AirPods but the setting is still not there. Any idea way?

I have ios 13 on iPhone 7 plus and my Airpods are 2nd generation I didn’t have announced for messages tap

i was having the same issue with airpod pro, you just need to unpair and pair again for messages announce option.

This feature always worked with my AirPods 2nd generation but I recently upgraded to AirPods Pro and now it doesn’t work anymore. How do I fix it?

I bought my AirPods Pro last March. Haven’t had any issues with them. Now all the sudden the last two/three days it won’t read my messages to me. I’ve unpaired and repaired several times and nothing. It’s really starting to tick me off.