A guide for Network.framework?

I was just following links from a forum on the Swift language, and I found a Network.framework library on Apple's documentation pages. The types themselves don't have took mauch documentation. Since I'm just curious and don't have any applicable projects right now, is there some blog pages (or the like) that have insturctions on how to use the various types?

Replies

Did you sit thru the WWDC 2018 video/Session 715?

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2018/715/

Did you spy thru the code for comments?

Apple takes a minimalist, aesthetic approach to all its products, including documentation. There is a sample project available that likely has tons of code you should never use in production. Add a statement to your code, right click, and choose "Jump to definition" to see the header. There is often some documentation there.

I've never used the network framework. It requires macOS 10.14, so I'm not likely to either. It seems heavily based on asynchronous GCD networking code, which I would never willingly touch again. My suggestion is to use the minimum amount of modern Apple bootstrapping code necessary to support any OS-level complexities like name lookups, IPv6, security, and background operations. But wherever possible, use standard BSD networking APIs that are well-documented and well-understood.