"Failed to load : <C3DImage"

i've been working on a game for about a year now. i have a bunch of textures i load programmatically and they all have been working fine till i moved them to the art.scnassets folder. now i just get Failed to load : <C3DImage

not only do i get the error when referencing the textures i moved, but also any new texture file i add to my project, no matter what folder/group i stick it in.

all files i add are available in the scenkit editor and i can assign them to geometry from there, but i need to do it in code.

also dragging the file from the navigator to the swift file, i get a little image icon with a preview when i roll over it and that doesn't work either and it was working before.

edit: so making a new group outside of the assets folder works. i can make an image literal by drag and dropping or just refer to the image by name. i take it everything in the assets folder gets reorganized on build or we are simply not allowed to use those assets in code?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of artecolote Down vote post of artecolote
2.9k views

Replies

Did you do a Clean Build folder ?

How did you move the files ? In Finder (should not, that creates havoc in XCode).

yes, i tried clean build several times.

i moved them from within the navigator in xcode. i also tried deleting them completly and then adding each file to the project. so far they work no matter what group i place them under except for the assets folder.

You cannot diffuse a CIImage and you must CGImage.

A UIImage initiated from a CIImage won't work either.

I get the same errors on files that are no longer in the project, not loaded, not mentioned anywhere in the code, and not part of any SCN or OBJ. But all are related to roughness textures. Although no roughness textures in use are causing an error.