macOS 10.14.1 ga won't install/upgrade over 10.14

I have:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

I tried to update to macos 10.14.1 but software update says there aren't any updates. I then downloaded the update from:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1981?locale=en_US

and tried to install it, but the Disk has a yellow triangle with exclamation point and says:

macos 10.14.1 update can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update.

I have filevault turned on. Was this update not tested on a system with disk encryption turned on?

• I also has the same issue. Have you solve it ? wj@usu

Add a Comment

Replies

I have this same issue.

Same issue here - MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), no encryption

Have the same problem on my Macbook Pro Mid 2014 with filevault off. What's odd is that "Install macOS updates" was checked in the advanced section of Software Update in System Preferences, but that did not update my Macbook Pro to macOS 10.14.1.

Hopefully Apple will be able to fix this issue soon.

I had this same issue with a 2018 MB Pro....Here is how I got around it.

Downloaded the latest installer from the app store.

Created an install USB with Install Disk Creator (lazy way)

Booted from it....the MBP said it needed an update to boot from this install media...I allowed that update to install.

Then when the system booted the update worked perfectly from the Software Update app.

Hope this helps someone.

I was able to go to the App Store (under my previous Beta 10.14 that I removed the Beta Profile from) and download the full 6gb Mojave 10.14.1 Install. I didn't need a memory stick. I installed that on top (ran about an hour) and it completed fine. I now have a "normal" 10.14.1 Mojave Install. Fixed.

This worked for me to upgrade from the 10.14 Developer's Seed to 10.14.1. I am merely guessing, but I think that since I removed my MacBook Pro from the beta program after the GA release, my system was in some funny state where it did not think the 10.14.1 GA did not apply.