Suppressing Web Sheet for Captive Wi-Fi iOS 9

Is there a way to suppress a web sheet for a captive Wi-Fi on iOS 9? Previously, I was using the replaced method of CNSetSupportedSSIDs. I'm not seeing any specific mention of suppressing web sheets in HotspotHelper API.

Replies

What’s you’re high-level goal here?

CNSetSupportedSSIDs
was part of a group of APIs designed to make it possible for hotspot helper apps to work on iOS. It’s been replaced by NEHotspotHelper, which provides a much better way for hotspot helper apps to do that job. However, there’s no one-to-one replacement for
CNSetSupportedSSIDs
; instead, the hotspot helper is intimately tied into the hotspot authentication process and the web sheet only shows up when that process has exhausted all other possibilities.

So, if you’re building a hotspot helper, you should use NEHotspotHelper. If you’re building something else, please explain more about your goals.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hi,

Did CNSetSupportedSSIDs deprecation means it won't work anymore on iOS 9 ?

I have an app compatible iOS 7+ using CNSetSupportedSSIDs. It works well on iOS 7 and iOS 8 but returns me false on iOS 9.

If CNSetSupportedSSIDs does not work on iOS 9 anymore, does NEHotspotHelper provides a way avoid popping a captive portal and let the app handle the authentication ?

My goal is to provide access to a captive network but only for a specific set of users, so I need to control authentication through the app.