Xcode7 beta6 - Upload to App Store (or export) of archive fails

I'm trying to upload a new build to iTunes Connect from Xcode7 beta6, but I always get the error "No accounts with iTunes Connect access ... Add an account in the Accounts preference pane.". I get the same error when I try to export the archive.

Nothing has changed in the Xcode Accounts configuration. If I remove and add my account again, I still get the same error message.

Restarting Xcode didn't help and I also tried on a different Mac. Same issue.

Replies

This is also happening to me with the Xcode 7 GM, only if I try to export for distribution and not adhoc.

I confirmed that this will happen if you are using an Apple ID that is being shared between teams. You need to have a separate Apple ID that is a member of the team (and added as a separate Apple ID in Xcode) you're trying to submit the build for before it will work. This didn't use to be case before they merged the iOS and OS X developer programs, etc.

Similar to how you need a separate iTunes Connect account to view builds for a separate team, etc. this now applies to App Store submissions as well.

My AppleID just belongs to a single team: as a matter of fact I do not even know how to create more teams... On Stackoverflow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32592291/on-xcode-7-i-keep-receiving-error-no-accounts-with-itunes-connect-access I was suggested the issue was the need of having a tecnical user, but even adding that made no change. I am still stuck without the possibility of uploading my binary with the same error as in the original post.

Does someone know if it's necessary to have such a technical role account in itunes connect for the team when I don't need to submit app but just only to sign?

This article describes how to re-sign app http://dev.mlsdigital.net/posts/how-to-resign-an-ios-app-from-external-developers/ so it could work without a technical role.

re-sign for appstore works with iReSign, the only thing is that it it a manual process.

Yes, you need to create a technical role and use it for submitting. You also need to use Xcode 7, as using XCode 7.1 gives funnily and misleadingly the same error.

I found solution myself. I don't know whether you suggested it, but it wasn't clear for me from this thread.

Anyway, go to xcode -> preferences..-> accounts. You have to add another account. What is confusing is that here I used to store only appleID which I used to login to Apple developer portal (for getting all provisioning profiles and signing identities). Now, if you are a member of more than one publisher on itunesconnect, you have to add that profile. Basically, you have to put your Apple developer id sand itunesconnect ids, all in the same basket. itunesconnect id doesn't have any provisioning profiles in my case because I use alias just so I can publish apps for many publishers. But it has to be there.

Apple developer account and itunesconnect accounts are not connected, I think apple developer account is there for you to get your certificates and to sign your app, and itunesconnect account is there to upload your apps. It would be nice if it wasn't that confusing. Or not (I'm that much confused!).