Embedded binary is not signed with the same certificate as the parent app. Verify the embedded binary target's code sign settings match the parent app's.

My Parent app IS signed correctly. I have verified in every screen. Has anyone seen this?

Thanks!

XCode 10.0 beta 6

---------------

error: Embedded binary is not signed with the same certificate as the parent app. Verify the embedded binary target's code sign settings match the parent app's.

Embedded Binary Signing Certificate: Software Signing

Parent App Signing Certificate: - (Ad Hoc Code Signed)

Replies

Have you solved this?

We had this problem as well. Try switching to the legacy build system (under File->Project Settings or File->Workspace Settings).

This fixed it for me. Thanks for the suggestion!

hey, the issue is not about the code sign,is just because of the architecture. sick!

the answer :

The problem had nothing to do with the signing. The answer for me was to paste $(ARCHS_STANDARD) into the project valid architecture field. Incredible!

Hi Guys same issue I am facing for main main target and boardCast extension. "Embedded binary is not signed with the same certificate as the parent app. Verify the embedded binary target's code sign settings match the parent app's." I have try all the way but no luck, kindly suggest me any additional changes I need to do. Facing this issue with Xcode - 14.3.1

Appreciate for quick response please

Same issue here. For me the problem only occurs when building with Fastlane and seemed to start when I added a Widget. If I build in Xcode it works fine. Xcode is handling all signing. Keeping an eye on this in case anyone has a solution.

I am impressed by how bad Xcode is. Xcode creates problems out of thin air, for things created by itself, is unable to correct them and gives vague, dubious or nonsensical messages that don't explain how to solve the problem.

Please Apple, purchase AppCode from Jetbrains, rename it to Xcode and bring their team to lead the development from that point forward.

I lost 70% of the time I use to create an app solving Xcode issues.

in Xcode 15 My issue was that I updated my build identifier, but it didn't automatically update on Tests, UITests, and Extension targets. After manually updating the identifier, everything works fine.