How to disable screen capture or avoid screenshot taking programmatically in iOS

I am trying to disable the screenshot on iOS app but apple does not expose any api for this. Due to which I added a workaround when iPhone will try to take screenshot we have a textfield in secured way which will cover the whole screen and screenshot will be blank. Does anyone tried the same approach to avoid screenshot? if yes did apple act against those application or they reject if they find.

It will be great help if Apple can provide us some insight on it.

Replies

I have a banking app that just recently implemented something similar. It shows a black screen when you take a screenshot. That app was reviewed and released, so it seems it's okay for a banking app given that you could be exposing account numbers etc. otherwise.

For your app, though, I'm not sure. Do you have information on the screen that a user shouldn't be allowed to save in a screenshot?

This gets asked a lot. (Search the forum.) Here’s one of the best answers I’ve seen so far: link.

I think it’s usually more useful to rethink the requirement to prevent capture in the first place. Why is this particular data ok to view in the app but not ok to view later? Is it not the user’s data for them to handle as they wish?