"devicectl device process launch --start-stopped" attach debugger from command line

Topic : Attaching debugger via lldb to remote process on tv device

Current status

1. I launch an app on a remote tv device that is paired to a macbook using the command
  • xcrun devicectl device process launch --start-stopped -d XXXX-XXXXXX, com.metasample.SampleApp -j launch.json
  1. App is launched in stopped state and waiting for debugger to be attached to continue execution
  2. Using the XCode->Debug->Attach to Process, I am able to select the process and connect to the process and execute the app through the debugger.

Expectation

I would want to replace step 3 and use a command line instead to attach the debugger to the remote process instead of doing it via XCode.(the reason is to automate the execution without any manual intervention)

• I know the process id of the app on the remote tv device when i inspect the launch.json file that is created when the launch the app. eg pid 312
  • I also know the ip address of the device eg ip 192.168.178.29

However I do not know how to establish the debug session using lldb from command line.

I launch lldb in the command line and execute these commands

• platform select remote-tvos
  • target create /Users/works/apps/SampleApp-Payload/SampleApp.app/SampleApp
  • gdb-remote 192.168.178.29: "what is the port?" - I do not know what port to connect to?

Many Thanks for your suggestions and inputs on how to connect to the remote app via command line lldb.

"devicectl device process launch --start-stopped" attach debugger from command line

Q