Xcode 15 (release version) SpriteKit in Simulator Very Slow

On Xcode 15 release version 15.0 (15A240d) the iOS 17 Simulator is very slow when running SpriteKit apps. The fps barely gets over 15 fps and everything is lagging. This is unusable for testing games. (M1 Mac mini 16GB RAM)

diagnosticd and SpringBoard seem to be hogging the processor. This continues whether debugging is attached but also when the Simulator is idle.

It does not matter which type of device is used. iOS 16 and lower Simulators are fine.

In the previous version everything was fast and smooth, I could run 4 or 5 simulators at the same time with SpriteKit games.

What to do?

[edit: updated it only occurs on iOS 17 Simulators.]

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Wizfinger Down vote post of Wizfinger
1k views
Add a Comment

Replies

I have the same problem too, I'm developing in flutter and it takes on average 500 seconds to reload the application, compared to 30 some time ago.

I am also running my native iOS project very slowly. I only ran the program slowly today after upgrading to xcode15.2. Last night, I ran the program quickly using xcode14. My application is a camera application. Why is it so slow? It makes testing very difficult for me