Impossible to reply to some thread even not marked locked

I tried to reply to a post : https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/728329

But clicking on Reply button does nothing. ANd the Reply section does not show. No issue to answer to other threads.

Is it only me ?

Accepted Reply

Yes, it works. I will close the FB ! And this thread as well (still hoping to have some insight on the root cause…).

Replies

It worked for me. I got the Reply section and I was able to reply.

It might be worth retrying in a private browsing window to see if there’s something wonky cached.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thanks. I’ll try on other browsers.

• Weird... For me, on Safari (macOS) it does't work either (tried private browsing window too). The Reply and Add a Comment buttons are there but they don't do anything when clicked.

• It seems that it doesn't work on other browsers either.

Add a Comment

Does not work for me. Unlike this post, the linked one does not have the Your Reply textbox below. Also pushing the Add a comment link does nothing.

• Yeah, same for me. There's no Reply textbox.

Add a Comment

I tested on a lot of browsers and different Mac, none worked. On iPad, I got the reply section, but ended with unauthorized access…

• Perhaps the thread allows only Apple-employee accounts to comment

Add a Comment

I think I found a hint to the issue. It seems that I can't reply on any thread with the WWDC20 tag. Maybe threads with this tag are "locked" for non Apple-person accounts, since WWDC20 ended...

It seems that I can't reply on any thread with the WWDC20 tag.

But the thread that Claude31 referenced doesn’t have that tag.

Perhaps the thread allows only Apple-employee accounts to comment

That’s not it. I was able to reply to the thread from a test account (justkwin) that’s not associated with Apple in any way.

I’ve got no explanation as to why folks aren’t able to reply on that thread. I’d appreciate one of you filing a bug about that and posting the bug number here.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Weird, I'm pretty sure I saw that tag when I tried to reply. However, it seems that now I can reply to the thread :)

• Is it possible that the tag has been removed from the thread? That would explain why it works now.

Add a Comment

I just posted a Feedback : Apr 20, 2023 at 8:46 PM – FB12133491

For me, it works now. I successfully replied to the thread.

Yes, it works. I will close the FB ! And this thread as well (still hoping to have some insight on the root cause…).