Question of curiosity: why different fonts in different forum sections ?

I noticed today that font has changed in some sections of this forum.

2 examples:

font is apparently Times-Roman

font is apparently SFProText-Medium

Accepted Reply

SOLVED ! Thanks Quinn for your help.

Replies

I’m not seeing any change. The little square next to Sort by: Newest (instead of the usual down arrow) suggests your browser is using the wrong font for some reason, rather than being a deliberate change. I’m seeing the usual correct font everywhere in Safari 16.3 on macOS 13.2.1.

Ha... after I posted that reply, then when returning to the main page I got the incorrect font too as shown in the picture. Then after logging out and back in, the fonts are correct again. Maybe just a sporadic server issue.

• Yes, it seems to occur once you posted something on the page.

Add a Comment

I thought it was just me (-:

This is definitely an issue with the DevForums platform and the relevant folks are investigating. Thanks for letting us know.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thanks Quinn for the feedback. It is a minor issue, for sure, but we shall measure font kerning every minute. 😉

Add a Comment

SOLVED ! Thanks Quinn for your help.

I probably rejoiced too early. A page appeared correctly after update, but many others show the same issue.

I tested on another Mac, with Safari Technology Preview 160 : no issue.

No issue either with Safari Version 16.3 (17614.4.6.11.4, 17614)

Issue is with STP 163.

No issue either with Safari Version 16.3

I’m using the standard Safari 16.3 that’s built in to macOS 13.2.1 (build 18614.4.6.1.6) and I’m still seeing the problem.

I just checked on the investigation of this (INC087093834) and it’s still ongoing.

Share and Enjoy

• In Safari Version 16.3 (17614.4.6.11.4, 17614) for MacOS 12.6.3, most (all ?) pages display normally.

Add a Comment

I tested on nearly 20 forum tags. All display as expected. So I do think issue is resolved.

Oh hey, you’re right. I’m so used to seeing DevForums rendered correctly that, when I worked through the forums this morning, I failed to notice that it was back to being correct.

Looking at the internal incident for this it seems that we found and fixed the underlying cause. Cool.

Share and Enjoy