GKLocalPlayer localPlayer cannot authenticate: "this application is not recognised by Game Center" error GKServerStatusCode 5019

When authenticating the GKLocalPlayer.localPlayer with Game Center the console logs a message:

_authenticateUsingAlert:Failed to authenticate player with existing credentials.Error: Error Domain=GKErrorDomain Code=15 "The requested operation could not be completed because this application is not recognised by Game Center." UserInfo={GKServerStatusCode=5019, NSLocalizedDescription=The requested operation could not be completed because this application is not recognised by Game Center., NSUnderlyingError=0x600001fc57a0 {Error Domain=GKServerErrorDomain Code=5019 "status = 5019, no game matching descriptor: ios:***.***.***:1.4:4+-1" UserInfo={GKServerStatusCode=5019, NSLocalizedFailureReason=status = 5019, no game matching descriptor: ios:***.***.***:1.4:4+-1}}}

After this, I CAN access the player properties such as avatar and name, but Game Center will not show any leaderboards or achievements, nor can scores be submitted.

iOS 15.2, on any device or Simulator the same happens.

I have tried EVERYTHING I could find on the web:

• check correct bundle ID
  • create a leaderboard in App Store Connect
  • create an achievement in App Store Connect
  • create a whole new app in App Store Connect
  • create a whole new project in Xcode
  • delete and re-add Game Center capability
  • use a different Apple ID to sign in to Game Center
  • use a different Apple Developer Account and do the above again

I do have two other games in which everything works fine. In many old posts about this, no one ever got any answer or solution, so I am thinking Apple's backend system is buggy.

If anyone has ANY information on how to solve, please help.

Accepted Reply

I found this post https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/698731?answerId=702089022#702089022 I read the solution and one more time went to App Store connect, turned off and then turned on GC with leaderboards and achieves and it worked for me! And GC is finally work in old builds, which I made on friday. I don't know what it was. May be you must wait for days after you turn on GC for the first time, because GC processing is so long. Or it may be some Apple bug.

• I ran my game again, still not working. Went to App Store Connect, deleted an achievement, and HEY PRESTO! It works now!

This is definitely a bug in Apple's back end. Looks like it takes about five days and then it automagically works.

• I'm glad, that it worked for you! Yes, it seems like a bug in GameCenter processing. GC started working in five days after it was turned on for the first time

Add a Comment

Replies

You are not alone! I have had this problem for the last two days. I tried absolutely everything, what I know and founded in the Internet and nothing helped. Did you try to send your app to internal TestFlight review? I'm waiting for review completion and hope it may fix this problem.

• I will try that, I have also submitted a request to Apple Developer Support.

• And… it didn’t help. Can you write when ADS will answer you?

• My approved TestFlight build also doesn't work.

Add a Comment

Same here, uploaded a game with Game Center support last month without problem, but now, in my new app, I tried everything, but still getting "The requested operation could not be completed because this application is not recognized by Game Center.

• Exactly, last month I also added a new app and it worked fine in those good old days.

Add a Comment

My case at Apple Developer Support has now been forwarded to Apples engineering team as I have the same problem with multiple apps and multiple Apple Developer Accounts. Now awaiting their further comments or solutions.

I found this post https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/698731?answerId=702089022#702089022 I read the solution and one more time went to App Store connect, turned off and then turned on GC with leaderboards and achieves and it worked for me! And GC is finally work in old builds, which I made on friday. I don't know what it was. May be you must wait for days after you turn on GC for the first time, because GC processing is so long. Or it may be some Apple bug.

• I ran my game again, still not working. Went to App Store Connect, deleted an achievement, and HEY PRESTO! It works now!

This is definitely a bug in Apple's back end. Looks like it takes about five days and then it automagically works.

• I'm glad, that it worked for you! Yes, it seems like a bug in GameCenter processing. GC started working in five days after it was turned on for the first time

Add a Comment