Xcode 13 Building Woes

The Xcode 13 Beta (1 & 2) is showing some serious performance regressions when building our large project, and wondering if others are noticing the same.

If you Build again after a build had just completed, Xcode 13 redoes a ton of work, as visible through the thousands of tasks it takes on. It's as if Xcode 13 lost the ability to skip unnecessary work. Building again in Xcode 12 does incur a small penalty too, but the difference is between 2-3 seconds (Xcode 12) vs 1-2 minutes (Xcode 13).

...and as a side note, the new progress reporter is useless: it switches from reporting progress for one set of tasks (1928/3022 completed) to a completely different set of tasks (444/1255 completed). You never know which "set of tasks" is the last you'll need for the build process as a whole to be done. Any idea why it doesn't display cumulative progress?

Thanks!

Just installed Xcode 13 beta 4 and my project doesn't finish building. Builds fine on Xcode 12. I also noticed that Swift 5 is the highest version available in the build settings.

I am seeing this same behavior on Xcode 13 beta 5. This takes a huge amount of time to build the project regardless of this was already built or not.

Xcode 13 Building Woes

Q