New Version of Xcode

I downloaded the last version of Xcode yesterday which was 11.3 GB.
Download completed, then start installation. installation completed and then nothing happened.
Still the update icon for Xcode available on apple store, and if I click update it start downloading form zero.

Even it took more than 25 GB on hard disk but I don't know where

What I have to do?

Replies

Nobody can advise?
Did you restart the Mac ? You should.
Yes, I restarted, but nothing happened.
The download was finished, and installation started at that time. but never finish, so after 10 hours, it is still showing "installing..." so, I though there is something wrong.
I restarted my pc, but the new upgrade was not implemented.
Hope you restarted the Mac, not the PC 🙂

How much Disk available ?
Before downloading, the available space on MacBook pro was around 180 GB.
After downloading and installation started, I checked, I saw only remaining around 156 GB.
But in few hours start increasing till it reach around 170 GB
This is what always works for me:
  1. Download the desired Xcode*.xip archive file from the Downloads area.

2. Move the Xcode*.xip archive file out of your Downloads folder to another location, e.g., the Desktop.

3. Move the /Applications/Xcode.app file to the trash.

4. Empty trash.

5. Double-click the downloaded Xcode*.xip archive and let it expand into an Xcode.app file.

6. Move the new Xcode.app file to your /Applications folder.

7. Run the new Xcode and, if prompted to install additional components, accept and let it complete.

At this point, you should be good to go. The main thing that can cause problems is insufficient free disk space. A fully expanded Xcode.app from a downloaded Xcode*.xip archive can be up to 29 GB (yeah, wow, I know!), so having at least 50 GB free space on the drive holding the Xcode*.xip archive file after download is probably a good rule of thumb.

If this still doesn't work, you may need to completely remove Xcode (remove the application and its supporting directories in your ~/Library and /Library directories) and try again.