Disable emergency services?

Hi all -

First day with WatchOS b2. Wore it while playing golf as I usually do as a round is a large percentage of my daily cals, exercise etc. Also called the police twice. By accident.

That's going to get really annoying for them and for me, really soon.

Since i had the watch, I've come to accept that every swing will push the crown in and set off Siri. It's also normal to get home and find half a dozen random screenshots I've taken without knowing. These are all fine and I can deal with it. Having to explain to the emergency services that my watch dialed them while I was trying to hit a 6-iron over a lake is a whole lot less funny though and if it can't be turned off I may as well get rid of the watch now.

I did have a quick scoot through settings on the watch but didn't immediately see anything obvious. If someone can enlighten me how to disable the emergency services dial function - and Siri for that matter - I'd be extremely grateful, before the police come for real and cart me off for making nuisance calls.

Thanks.

Accepted Reply

On your iPhone, launch the Watch app. Next navigate to General > Emergency SOS. Finally, to disable SOS, switch Press and Hold for SOS to off.

This will disable the functionality where emergency services are called when the power button is held down; however "Emergency SOS" is still accessible as a slider on the power-off screen.

Replies

On your iPhone, launch the Watch app. Next navigate to General > Emergency SOS. Finally, to disable SOS, switch Press and Hold for SOS to off.

This will disable the functionality where emergency services are called when the power button is held down; however "Emergency SOS" is still accessible as a slider on the power-off screen.

Perfect - thanks.