Unable to get WiFi rssi value

I want to create a function which will return the rssi value of currently connected WiFi network on my iPhone. I tried fetching the value from status bar but I guess that support is no longer provided in Swift. I have tried the following solution and other solutions with similar approach but it doesn't seem to work now.

private func wifiStrength() -> Int? {
    let app = UIApplication.shared
    var rssi: Int?

guard let statusBar = app.value(forKey: "statusBar") as? UIView, let foregroundView = statusBar.value(forKey: "foregroundView") as? UIView else {
        return rssi
    }

for view in foregroundView.subviews {
        if let statusBarDataNetworkItemView = NSClassFromString("UIStatusBarDataNetworkItemView"), view .isKind(of: statusBarDataNetworkItemView) {
            if let val = view.value(forKey: "wifiStrengthRaw") as? Int {
                //print("rssi: \(val)")
                rssi = val
                break
            }
        }
    }

return rssi
}

Replies

I want to create a function which will return the rssi value of currently connected WiFi network on my iPhone.

You can’t. There is no API for that. Please see iOS Network Signal Strength for details.

I guess that support is no longer provided in Swift.

There never was such support, and in fact the approach used in that code sample (poking in a private view hierarchy) is never a supported way to do anything on iOS. See the section on But what about this code I found on the ’net? at the link above.

So moving on, the question is: why do you want the Wi-Fi signal strength? See the Network performance section for discussion of why this usually isn’t what you want. Or is the signal strength desired for a totally different purpose?