How Force Xcode to ReBuild Bridging Header File

I have a MacOS project with several targets and in which I have been refactoring Obj-C classes over to Swift 1 by 1. I have been doing this for months and all was fine and building well until the most recent class. But with that one the project simply refuses to build.

I see the ProjectName-Swift.h file in the Project folder but the last build date was over a week ago and so it obviously does not include the new class, hence Xcode is complaining it can't find the new Swift Class.

Understand the following before answering please:

• This is a very old and longstanding MacOS project with several targets, it is NOT a new MacOS project.
  • I have previously added quite a few other Swift classes (using Swift 5) to this project and was able to build and run just fine.
  • I have tried clean and build about 50 times and removing derived data. Nothing will force a rebuild of the ProjectName-Swift.h and the new class is definitely NOT in there.
  • There are no other build issues with this project, just the one related to not being able to see the new class.
  • The class was previously implemented in Obj-C and I was porting it over and that old class file is not referenced by the project at the moment.
  • This Swift class ChartListTableCellView is NOT referenced in the obj.h file so it is not forward referenced there.
  • The Bridge Header is imported in the .m that is complaining.

Because Xcode is not seeing the Swift Class in the ProjectName-Swift.h it will not build and I am sort of in a chicken and egg circle jerk here. I even tried using the old Header at the top of the .m file where I need this class and it gets further but not far enough to build the Bridge Header.

This is how the new class is declared so it should be visible.

@objcMembers class ChartListTableCellView : NSView
{
    private let grayBottomBorder = NSView()

init() {
        super.init(frame: NSMakeRect(0, 0, 0, 0))
    }
 }

I am stumped and am out of ideas.

Apple!! Seriously there needs to be a simple way to force a rebuild of the ProjectName-Swift.h file.

Answered by cliffr in 758002022

Holy s*** figure it out!! Super EZ.. simply renamed ProjectName-Swift.h to oldProjectName-Swift.h and Xcode instantly rebuilt ProjectName-Swift.h and stopped complaining. Wow.

Additional Info. I tried commenting out all references in the Obj-C file to the above class to see if I could get a build that regenerated ProjectName-Swift.h. Didn't work.But when I change Build Setting for "Objective-C Generated Interface Header Name" to: $(SRCROOT)/$(SWIFT_MODULE_NAME)-Swift.h, I get "invalid task ('SwiftMergeGeneratedHeaders .... with mutable output but no other virtual output node?! Any thoughts

Accepted Answer

Holy s*** figure it out!! Super EZ.. simply renamed ProjectName-Swift.h to oldProjectName-Swift.h and Xcode instantly rebuilt ProjectName-Swift.h and stopped complaining. Wow.

How Force Xcode to ReBuild Bridging Header File

Q