App Intents not discovered by iOS 16 Beta 1

Hi,

I tried to implement the new AppIntents to replace some old shortcuts. I followed the sessions and their examples on how they are implemented. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get an App Intent into the Shortcuts App.

I tried it on different apps, new projects and tried multiple changes to the intents. Is there something that I'm missing or is this just a bug in Beta 1?

Here's my sample code:

import AppIntents

struct TestIntent: AppIntent {

static var title: LocalizedStringResource = "Test"

static var description: IntentDescription? = IntentDescription("Test description")

func perform() async throws -> some IntentPerformResult {

.finished(value: "Test")

}

}

I filed a feedback for this issue: FB10102293

All the best,

Alex

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of AlexSFD Down vote post of AlexSFD
2.1k views
  • Hello It's not working for me either.

• I also tried implementing the  SiriTipView(intent: AddDataIntent()) in one of my views in SwiftUI, however I can't see it.

• Have you implemented AppShortcutsProvider protocol?

Replies

My app intents were working, no change, and then they stopped working with no code changes. Incredibly fragile feature.

I'm finding that while my intents work when manually triggered through the Shortcuts app, the Siri feature simply isn't working. I can type my exact app intent phrase and it simply doesn't pick it up.

In addition, it seems like both the ShortcutsLink and SiriTipView are busted. Both of them display placeholder text.

App Intents seem to be very unwell. Given how close to GM we must be, it's pretty disappointing.

• To follow up, found the issue I was having with SiriTipView.

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/712987?page=1#725258022

ShortcutsLink at least for me is still broken - it refuses to show my app name and simply shows the word "shortcuts".

• I have the same bug. Shortcut are available in Shortcuts app, but not be triggered when I say exactly phrases in Siri. iOS 16 beta 7. Xcode 14, beta 6.

Add a Comment

Hi, this is a known bug and should be fixed in an upcoming release.

• Hi @ricob, any news on this one please? Is it fixed in Xcode 14.1 ?

Thanks

Add a Comment