Developer App Certificate Error running app on device

I just bought a Vision Pro to build and run my app on it, but I'm encountering this error from Xcode:

Developer Mode is enabled. Computer is paired. Device is paired, and it's connected to my Mac via the Developer Strap.

In the "VPN & Device Management" setting it says to navigate to, there is no "Developer App certificate".

Others have suggested clearing the ModuleCache in DerivedData, but that's also been fruitless. I've cleaned the build multiple times, and restarted both devices, and Xcode.

I have no idea what else I can possibly do to resolve this. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Replies

If you create a new test app from Xcode’s visionOS > App template, can you get that to build and run on your device?

IMPORTANT Make sure to give the app a unique name. For a test like this I typically use Test751156 as the app name, where 751156 is the ID of this DevForums thread.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Hey Quinn @eskimo,

Yeah, a fresh project runs on device perfectly. It's something unique to my app. Since writing this post, I've also tried changing the Bundle ID of both the platform target, and the project itself, but I've continued to encounter this error.

Thanks for your reply!

Add a Comment